The mission of the Biocore Undergraduate Outreach Ambassadors is to work side by side with classroom teachers to enhance science education in rural Wisconsin communities. As an extension of the UW-Madison Biocore Program, the Outreach Ambassador Program was founded in 2004 to promote hands-on scientific investigation and exploration by elementary, middle, and high school students.
Goals of the Outreach Ambassadors:
- Enrich rural science curriculum by introducing inquiry-based science activities aligned with Wisconsin science standards
- Create connections between the Outreach Ambassadors and other outreach efforts on campus
- Encourage community involvement
- Instill the Wisconsin Idea
- Help students realize the wonders of learning science