The safety of our scientists is BOA’s top priority. For all events, volunteers are trained to facilitate safe and engaging experiments.
If you would like to learn about additional opportunities, please visit our BOA Activities page. If your school or organization is interested in hosting a BOA outreach event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Science Activity Videos
When Biocore Outreach Ambasadors interact with K12 students, they use a P.A.C.E. Model to guide their audience through each of our numerous BOA science inquiry activities. The P.A.C.E. model should look familiar to BOA volunteers, as it reflects some of the key authentic science practices that Biocore students experience in our 3-semester lab UW-Madison Biocore honors lab curriculum.
- What do you think will happen when we change/introduce/manipulate _____ in this activity?
A Ask questions
- What do you already know about the topic?
- What can you observe already, before we begin?
- What are your curious about?
C Collect data through observation
- What did you observe after we changed/introduced/manipulated _____ ?
- How can you organize your data (graph, chart, table)?
E Evaluate your prediction
- Your observations are data. What does your data tell you?
- Does your data support the prediction you made earlier? If your prediction wasn’t supported, what may be happening?
- What new questions do you have?
Upcoming Outreach Events