- Chem 103/104 or 109 (general chemistry)
- Math 221, 217 or equiv
Prepare before filling out an application:
- Student record in PDF form: You can request a transcript from UW Madison through Student Center portal. Go to MyUW, Open Student Center, Click Academic Records and View unofficial transcript. From there, the file can be downloaded in .pdf format.
- Personal statement (400 words): Describe something that inspires you or something that you have learned recently. Make it positive and personal. This is your chance to tell us about your points of growth and goals as a learner. Here are the prompts:
- Describe something you have learned recently (e.g. hobby, athletic experience, a place you have visited, community service, a book, article, an academic experience, piece of music or something else), and explain how it has affected you, how it has influenced your thinking, or your perspective.
- Explain what inspires/motivates you to learn and what your learning goals are for Biocore.
The Biocore Application for Fall 2020 is available HERE
- Regular deadline Mar 6, 2020 for notification before April registration
- Rolling application and admissions up to the start of Fall 2020 semester.
The Biocore Application for Fall 2021 will be available in December 2020 with early applications accepted during the first week of January 2021.
Questions about Biocore?
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
- For questions about the student experience, see the Biocore Peer Advisor webpage and contact our team of peer advisors (email@example.com) with your questions.
- For questions about admissions, contact Biocore director and undergraduate advisor Janet Batzli; questions about enrollment contact Biocore enrollment administrator Carol Borcherding.