- Chemistry 103/104, 109, or 115
Math 221, 217 or equivalent
- Note: The math prerequisite will no longer be required.
Prepare before filling out an application:
- Student record in PDF form: You can request a transcript from UW Madison through Student Center portal. Go to MyUW, Open Student Center, Click Academic Records and View unofficial transcript. From there, the file can be downloaded in .pdf format.
- Personal statement of no more than 400 words including your answers to the following:
- Describe something you have learned recently (e.g. hobby, athletic experience, a place you have visited, community service, a book, article, an academic experience, piece of music, or something else), and explain how it has affected you, how it has influenced your thinking or your perspective.
- Explain what inspires/motivates you to learn and what your learning goals are for Biocore.
Tips on writing your personal statement:
- Make it personal. This is your chance to tell us about your points of growth, goals as a learner, challenges and accomplishments.
- Tell us something new other than what we can deduce from your transcript or other information in your application.
- Avoid excessive metaphor or imaginary description. This may confuse the reader and not be what you intended.
- Emphasize the positive.
Biocore Application (for Fall 2024) will open on December 15th, 2023 -> Here
*Do submit application until AFTER receiving your Fall 2023 final grades.
- Early deadline January 5, 2024 with notification prior to start of spring semester
- Regular deadline March 1, 2024 for notification before April registration
- Rolling admissions up to the start of Fall 2024 semester
Questions about Biocore?
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
- For questions about the student experience, see the Biocore Peer Advisor webpage and contact our team of peer advisors (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your questions.
- For questions about admissions, contact Biocore High Impact Practice Facilitator Diana Tapia Ramon, for questions about enrollment contact Biocore enrollment administrator Carol Borcherding.