Regular Application: Biocore typically begins in the fall of your sophomore year, and is available for all students taking Chem 103 and 104, Chem 109/109H, or Chem 115 during your freshman year. [Biocore offers a first year start for a small cohort (~10) of well prepared, highly motivated first year students. See the Freshman Admission page for details].
- Math 221 (first semester calculus or equivalent)
- Chem 104, 109, or 115 (first year freshman chemistry)
- Previous or concurrent enrollment in Chem 343 (organic chemistry)
- Student record in PDF form: This can be obtained from the registrar's office (https://myinfo.wisc.edu) OR on the Student center under "My Academics" and "Request my student record."
- Personal statement: Describe something that inspires you or something that you have learned recently. Previous student have written about hobbies, athletic experiences, community service, books, music, TED talks, etc. This doesn’t need to be grand, but it’s your chance to tell us about your challenges and growth as a learner. Try to tell us something new other than what we can find in your transcript. Personal statements should be no more than 400 words.
The Biocore Application for Fall 2019 will be available *December 2018*
You can check out a sample Biocore application. Note: This is just a sample. Do NOT fill out this application.
Questions about Biocore?
- For questions about admissions, contact Janet Batzli (email@example.com).
- For questions about the student experience, contact our team of peer advisors (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions FAQs