Regular Application: Biocore typically begins in the fall of your sophomore year, and is available for all students taking Chem 103 and 104, Chem 109, or Chem 115 during your freshman year.
- Math 221 (first semester calculus or equivalent)
- Chem 104, 109, or 115 (first year freshman chemistry)
- Student record in PDF form: This can be obtained from the registrar's office (https://myinfo.wisc.edu) OR on the Student center under "My Academics" and "Request my student record."
- Personal statement: Describe something that inspires you or something that you have learned recently. Previous student have written about hobbies, athletic experiences, community service, books, music, TED talks, etc. This doesn’t need to be grand, but it’s your chance to tell us about your challenges and growth as a learner. Try to tell us something new other than what we can find in your transcript. Personal statements should be no more than 400 words.
The Biocore Application for Fall 2019 will be available *December 14, 2018* Early deadline Jan 4 for notification before Spring 2019 semester begins; Regular deadline Mar 8 for notification before April registration; Rolling application and admission up to the start of Fall 2019 semester begins.
You can check out a sample Biocore application. Note: This is just a sample. Do NOT fill out this application.
Questions about Biocore?
- For questions about the student experience, see the Biocore Peer Advisor webpage and contact our team of peer advisors (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your questions.
- For questions about admissions, contact Janet Batzli
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions FAQs